- 1 lg. apple (e.g. Gala)
- 1 tbsp. margarine
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. McCormick cinnamon-sugar mix
- Wash the apple and cut it off at the core in bite-sized pieces.
- Do not peel.
- Place the apple pieces in a saute pan with a close-fitting lid.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Place pan on a low flame and cover tightly.
- Stay close to monitor the cooking so that the mixture doesn't scorch.
- After about 4 minutes, remove lid, and toss the ingredients with spatula.
- Turn up the flame to medium, and allow the butter/sugar/cinnamon sauce to reduce a bit.
- Do not allow the apples to brown, or the sauce to evaporate.
- Turn out on a plate and serve with crisp bacon and whole wheat toast for a delicious breakfast for 1.