Apple Cinnamon Gelatin Salad
- 12 cup cinnamon red-hot candies
- 1 12 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 (3 ounce) package cherry Jell-O
- 1 cup chopped apple, cored but not peeled
- lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 12 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Dissolve the cinnamon red-hots in 1/2 cup of the boiling water.
- Dissolve the cherry jello in remaining 1 cup boiling water.
- Add the dissolved cinnamon water and refrigerate until the consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
- Fold in the chopped apples which you have tossed with a little lemon juice, celery and pecans.
- Pour into mold and refrigerate until set.
- NOTE: Sometimes I use only 1 cup total boiling water for dissolving the red-hots and jello.
- I then leave out the remaining ingredients and add a 16-ounce can of applesauce.
- Pour into a mold and refrigerate until set.