A Lovely Soft Mash with Milk and Bay
- medium to large floury potatoes 6
- bay leaves 5
- milk 3/4 cup (200ml)
- butter 5 tablespoons (75g)
- Peel the potatoes and boil them in deep salted water until tender.
- Put the bay leaves into the milk in a separate pan and bring to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and set aside.
- The bay leaves will gently flavor the milk.
- Drain the potatoes, then return them to the pan, cover with a kitchen towel, and let sit for a few minutes.
- Put the potatoes into a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat with the butter and a little black pepper.
- With the mixer on slow, pour in the milk, leaving the bay leaves behind, and continue beating until almost sloppy.
- Season and serve immediately.