Antipasto Salad with Pepperoncini Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 pepperoncini, finely chopped (about 1 Tbs.)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 Tbs.)
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 8 cups mesclun or mixed salad greens (about 7 oz.)
- 13 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 oz. provolone cheese, cubed (about 3/4 cup)
- To make Pepperoncini Vinaigrette:
- Heat oil in small skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add pepperoncini and garlic, and saute 2 minutes.
- Stir in oregano, and transfer mixture to bowl.
- Whisk in vinegar, and season with salt and pepper.
- To make Salad:
- Toss mesclun and onion in large bowl with enough vinaigrette to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide greens among bowls.
- Sprinkle tomatoes, chickpeas and cheese over salads, and serve.