''Flan aux Cerises' Cherry Tart
- 150 grams White flour
- 70 grams Sugar
- 70 grams Unsalted butter
- 1/2 Egg
- 500 grams Cherries
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 60 grams Sugar
- 150 ml Milk
- 1 Whole egg
- 1 Egg yolk
- [Pate a Sucre] Leave the butter at room temperature to soften.
- Cream with the sugar.
- Add the beaten egg to Step 1 and mix well.
- Once it has become white in color, mix in the sifted flour by using a cut and fold motion.
- Then use your hands to mix everything together well.
- Once it has come together in one lump, cover it with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Sandwich Step 4 between 2 sheets of plastic wrap.
- Use a rolling pin to roll it out 2-3 mm thick.
- Place the crust in the tart dish and arrange the edges nicely.
- Poke holes into the bottom with a fork.
- [Filling] Cut the cherries in half and remove the pits.
- Fill the tart dish with the cherries.
- Combine the flour and sugar well.
- Add the beaten egg and the milk to Step 9 and use a whisk to combine.
- Pour Step 10 into the tart dish.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes in a preheated 170C oven.