Asian Ramen Noodle Soup Recipe
- 2 can fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth 14 ounce
- 4 ounce boneless pork loin sliced into thin strips
- 3/4 c. thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 c. hard tofu cut into 1/4-inch cubes (optional)
- 3 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. sherry
- 1 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp grnd red pepper
- 2 ounce uncooked low-fat ramen noodles
- 1 x egg beaten
- 1/4 c. finely minced green onions green tops only
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in large saucepan over high heat; add in pork, mushrooms and tofu, if you like.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, covered, 5 min.
- Stir in vinegar, sherry, soy sauce and pepper.
- Return broth mix to a boil over high heat; stir in ramen noodles.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 min or possibly till noodles are tender.
- Slowly stir in beaten egg and green onions; remove from heat.
- Ladle soup into individual bowls.
- Cuisine: "Asian"
- Yield: 3 c.
- NOTES : Add in some zip to your traditional soup repertoire with this sensational combination of the classic warm and sour soup and egg drop soup.
- Lean pork provides low-fat protein while the vinegar, sherry and red pepper give this full-flavored soup a kick.
- Tofu and ramen go well together.
- Usually I cook carrot and celery with the ramen; extra water or possibly something like carrot juice; add in a flavor packet and teriyaki sauce to color and to taste.
- Add in liquid removed, cubed tofu.
- Stir gently, cover, and let stand on the lowest setting.
- It takes about 10 min for the tofu to borrow the flavors.
- I have not tried the recipe (below) - pork and tofu; could be heat-and-serve teriyaki chicken and tofu or possibly just tofu.