Amazing Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 2 can Chunk White Chicken in Water (12.5 oz cans, drained)
- 1 can RoTel Mexican Lime & Cilantro (10 oz can)
- 1 can Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup (10 3/4 oz can)
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup (10 3/4 oz can)
- 18 small Corn Tortillas
- 8 oz Cheddar Cheese (Triple Cheddar, Finely Shredded)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Spray a 9 x 12 glass casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Use a fork to break apart the chunks of chicken.
- Mix together the chicken, RoTel, & both cans of soup.
- The liquid in the can of RoTel will be just enough to thin out the chicken mixture to make it easily spreadable.
- Spread 1/3 of the chicken mixture in the bottom of the pan.
- Place 9 tortillas in pan to completely cover the chicken mixture.
- You should have 6 full tortillas that slightly overlap and cover from end to end and side to side.
- Break 3 tortillas in half, and use these with the flat edges toward the outside to cover the open areas.
- You should have 2 on either long edge and 1 on either short edge.
- Spread 1/3 of the chicken mixture covering the tortillas, top with 9 more tortillas (just like before), and spread the last 1/3 of the chicken mixture on top of the 2nd layer of tortillas.
- Spread the shredded cheese over the top, covering all of the chicken mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Top with taco sauce and sour cream (if desired).