- 2 cups flour, all-purpose sifted
- 1/2 cup milk cold
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 each apples pared, cored
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- Cut in shortenig, add milk, and mix to a smooth dough.
- Turn onto floured surface and divide into 6 portions.
- Roll each portion large enough to cover 1 apple.
- Place an apple on each piece of pastry.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together.
- Spoon some of this mixture into each core cavity.
- Moisten edges of pastry and bring up over the apple; seal edges.
- Place on greased baking sheet or in shallow pan.
- Bake at 350F (180C).
- or until apples are tender and pastry is lightly browned.
- Remove from baking sheet.
- Serve warm with milk or cream.