- 1 cup almonds or pecans, chopped
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3 ounces chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
- Toffee: Butter square pan, 9x9x2 inches.
- Spread chopped nuts in pan.
- Heat sugar and butter to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil over medium heat, stirring constantly, 7 minutes (watch it very closely the last minute or two).
- Immediately spread mixture evenly over nuts in pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate pieces over hot mixture; place a baking sheet over pan so contained heat will melt chocolate.
- Spread melted chocolate over canndy.
- While hot, cut into 1 1/2 inch squares.
- chill until firm.
- Now for the changes we use.
- When we are going to be giving this as a gift, we melt another 1/2 cup of chocolate in the microwave.
- Use an 7x7x2 pan (or smaller than the 9x9x2).
- Spread the melted chocolate on top of the buttered pan that is covered with the nuts.
- After the chocolate is spread on top, sprinkle more nuts on top, while chocolate is still warm.
- Then cut into small sizes.
- After the candy is set, remove from the pan and wrap individually with desert foil.
- I get mine at the bakery supply, or a craft shop.