Adult Chocolate Brownies
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1-1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 lg. eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cup walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Greade a 9x9-inch metal baking pan lightly or linewith parchament paper.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler, over simmering, but not boiling, water.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Cream butter until fluffy.
- Add sugar in thirds, continuing to beat the mixture until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating each well.
- Mix in melted chocolate.
- Fold in flour by hand.
- Do not overmix.
- Fold in the nuts if using them.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes.
- If you are using a glass baking dish bake 17 to 20 minutes or until top is dry and a toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan beforecutting.