Adobo Buffalo Wings
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar cane vinegar
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon ground peppercorns
- 5 pieces chicken wing or drumettes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup sugar cane vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 3 chipotle peppers
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- For the marinade: Combine the soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, bay leaf, peppercorns and some salt in a mixing bowl or container.
- Add the chicken and turn to coat.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- For the adobo glaze: In a saucepan over medium heat, heat the olive oil and then saute the garlic, bay leaves and peppercorns until the garlic is golden brown.
- Add the soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, ketchup, honey, cayenne pepper, red chili flakes, Worcestershire, chipotle peppers and salt to taste.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch with water to make a slurry, add to the glaze and continue cooking until glaze thickens.
- Cool down and strain.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Take the marinated chicken and lay them on a sheet pan and par bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees F. Take the par-baked wings and deep fry for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Toss the freshly deep fried wings with 3 ounces of the adobo glaze.