Almost Sugar Free Individual Peach Pies
- 8 slices sugar-free whole wheat bread
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 12 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 lb frozen peaches, thawed and diced
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place slices of bread on a cutting board or and flatten with a rolling pin.
- Remove crusts if desired.
- Place a slice of flattened bread into a medium custard cup (or foil mini pie tin) and spray top lightly.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Repeat with 3 more slices of bread (you will have 4 bottom crusts total).
- Place custard cups or pie tins on a baking sheet and bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the peaches, orange juice concentrate, Splenda, lemon zest, lemon juice, and cornstarch.
- Spoon approximately 1/4 of the mixture into each toasted bread cup.
- Place a slice of flattened bread on top of each custard cup/pie tin.
- (You may use kitchen scissors to cut top crust into a circle, or you could cut bread slices in thin strips and weave them on top of filling, like a lattice-style topped pie.
- Spray tops lightly with vegetable spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then place a piece of foil lightly on top of pies and bake for an additional 5 minutes.