Any Fruit Crisp Recipe
- Serves 6
- 1/2 c. walnuts
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp grnd cinnamon Healthy pinch salt (if using unsalted butter)
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted (in microwave or possibly small saucepan)
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 4 c. of fruit (use berries, or possibly fruit cut into bite-sized pcs)
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. flour (if fruit seems particularly juicy, increase this by a Tbsp.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toast the walnuts by spreading on a pie plate and heating in oven till fragrant (about 7 min).
- Chop the nuts medium-fine.
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt (if using unsalted butter) in a mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the melted butter and maple syrup over the top and blend on low speed till crumbly.
- Add in the minced nuts and mix well.
- (The topping can be prepared up to a week ahead and refrigerated.)
- Put the diced or possibly sliced fruit in a large bowl.
- Add in the sugar and taste; add in more if necessary.
- Sprinkle the flour over the fruit and mix gently.
- Turn mix into a 2-qt baking dish.
- Spoon the topping over the fruit, pressing down lightly.
- Place the dish on a baking sheet (if necessary) to catch any overflow.
- Bake on the center rack of oven till the topping is golden and the juices have thickened slightly, about 35-45 min.
- Serve hot with vanilla ice cream, if you like.