Alcachofas Asadas (Roasted Artichokes) Recipe Garlecchina
- 1 can drained, squeezed (to get water out) artichoke hearts
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- extra virgin olive oil (about 2 tbsp)
- very, very finely diced red bell pepper (3 tbsp)
- cracked black pepper to taste
- ground sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- After artichoke hearts are drained and squeezed of water, cut into quarters to expose tender parts.
- Arrange flat in small casserole dish.
- Mix the chopped garlic and olive oil in a small bowl, with a basting brush.
- With brush, spread olive oil mixture on top of artichokes.
- Grind black pepper and sea salt on top to liking, and garnish with chopped red pepper
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until dish bubbles and tops of artichokes begin to brown.
- Careful, do not burn.
- Optional: You can use finely chopped bacon, proscuitto or pancetta to add flavor.
- You can also drizzle lightly with balsamic vinegar once out of the oven.