Aphrodite's Faster Than Takeout Pizza
- 1 eggplant
- 1 red pepper
- 12 red onion
- 13 cup balsamic vinegar
- 12 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 14 cup sherry wine
- 12 cup sugar
- 1 (11 ounce) can tahini
- 1 (14 ounce) package flat bread (package at grocery store says "Mediterranean flat bread", or substitute 1 recipe of your favorite pi)
- 30 kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) package feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 (6 ounce) package parmesan cheese, shredded Italian style (1 1/2 cups)
- Peel eggplant.
- Take seeds out of red pepper.
- Cut red pepper, eggplant and onion into large 2-3 sections.
- Put vegetables in bowl or microwave steamer and steam in the microwave until semi-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Whisk together the vinegar, oil, garlic, wine and sugar.
- When vegetables are cool enough to handle, shred into julienne strips.
- Add strips to sauce and let marinate at room temperature (put in the refrigerator if marinating overnight.
- When ready to make pizzas, preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Drain marinade from vegetables.
- Throw out half of marinade and mix the other half with the tahini to make pizza sauce.
- Spread flat bread or pizza crust with the sauce.
- Load up with vegetables, then sprinkle with olives, then feta cheese, then parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until edges start to turn brown.