Allergen Free Soup Base (Previously Called Gluten Free Mushroom
- 14 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons rice flour
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 12 teaspoon salt
- 18 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Add mushrooms and saute until tender.
- Combine flour and broth until smooth, stir into the mushroom mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minute or until thickened.
- Reduce heat.
- Stir in the cream, salt and pepper.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring often.