Asparagi Con Uova Recipe
- 1 kg thin asparagus trimmed weight sea salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- 6 x egg yolks at room temperature
- 100 gm unsalted butter melted
- 120 gm parmesan in the piece very thinly shaved
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil with a generous amount of salt.
- Blanch the asparagus for about 3 min depending on the thickness.
- Drain and place on hot plates.
- Gently place the egg yolks on the tips of the asparagus without breaking the yolks and season with black pepper.
- Pour on the hot butter and cover with shavings of parmesan.
- We would only make this dish if we had fantastic Large eggs.
- To us which means Large eggs freshly laid from a real farm.
- This is a rare luxury.
- Serves 6