- 6 medium artichokes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 each garlic cloves minced
- 3 small red skinned potatoes grated, (about 1/2 pound)
- 8 large eggs well beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon oregano chopped fresh
- 1 tablespoon chives minced fresh
- 1 teaspoon rosemary leaves minced fresh
- Prepare artichokes and cut them into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and saute until translucent, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat slightly and add the artichoke cubes; saute until tender, about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the grated potatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs, salt, pepper and herbs.
- To set the eggs, let them cook for 2 or 3 minutes, without stirring, then lift the set edges and tilt the skillet slightly to let the uncooked egg run underneath.
- Repeat until the egg is set.
- Serve hot or cold, cut into wedges.
- Serves 4.