Amish cinnamon bread (friendship bread)
- 1 start with 1cup of sugar,flour and milk since you dont have the fermented batter ,start from day 1 next time make sure to save one for yourself ,freeze it till needed
- 1 DAY 1 you just recieved the fermented batter in a one gallon ziploc bag.Do nothing just place the bag on the counter.
- 1 DAY 2,3,4&5 squeeze the bag several times.
- 1 DAY 6 add 1 cup flour, sugar& milk squeeze several times
- 1 DAY 7,8,9 squeeze the bag several times.
- 1 DAY 10 In large NON METALIC bowl,combine the batter with 1 cup of milk 1 cup of sugar & 1 cup of flour.mix with wooden or plastic spoon.pour(4) 1 cup starters into 4 one gallon ziploc bags.give these bags to your friends along with these instructions.NOTE
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 small boxes of instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- GREASE 2 LOAF OR BREAD PANS
- In separate bowl mix 1tsp cinnamon and 3tbls of sugar and sprinkle into loaf pans before you pour batter into pans.
- Bake @ 325 for 1hour or until done.
- test with toothpick.
- If you wish you could add 1/2 to 1cup of raisins, nuts, chocolate chips,etc.
- MAKES TWO LOAVES.
- ***IMPORTANT REMINDER *** DO NOT USE METAL SPOON OR BOWL FOR MIXING.
- DO NOT REFRIGERATE .AS AIR BUBBLES BUILD UP IN THE BAG, LET IT OUT, IT'S NORMAL FOR THE BATTER TO THICKEN, BUBBLE AND FERMENT.