Acorn Squash a la Kree
- 2 acorn squash
- 8 teaspoons soy margarine (or other dairy-free margarine)
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- Cut the squash in half and remove the seeds and stringy parts.
- Place them cut-side-up in a microwave-safe baking dish (You may need to cut a tiny wedge out of the bottom so they'll sit up straight).
- Place 2 tsp (about 2/3 Tbsp) margarine into each squash cavity and sprinkle with approximately 1 Tbsp brown sugar (you can use more or less to taste).
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the entire dish with plastic wrap and microwave it on HIGH for 13-16 minutes or until the squash are tender when poked with a fork.
- Remove the plastic wrap and let them cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- Note: You can also experiment with adding additional spices; it's great sprinkled with cinnamon!