Asian Broccoli Salad with Tangy Chili-Garlic Dressing
- 3 medium heads broccoli, stems removed and heads cut into florets (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup julienned daikon
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons unrefined sesame oil
- 1 large clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 red jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons tamari
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds, plus more for garnish
- Roast the broccoli: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Add the broccoli florets, oil and a large pinch of salt to a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Toss to combine, and spread out in a single layer.
- Roast for 20 minutes, stir and continue roasting until broccoli is browning, 10 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven, and set aside to cool.
- Make the dressing: Warm the unrefined sesame oil in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and jalapeno, and cook until garlic is golden, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a small bowl, and add the vinegar, tamari, toasted sesame oil and sesame seeds.
- Stir well to combine.
- Assemble the salad: Add the roasted broccoli, carrots, daikon and scallions to a large bowl, and toss to combine.
- Divide between 2 bowls, and drizzle with dressing.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, and serve immediately.