Apple Pie Italian Crostata Di Mele) Recipe
- tart dough (see recipe or possibly use ecipe)
- 6 med cooking apples pared and sliced
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- Prepare Tart Dough.
- Heat oven to 375 deg.
- Toss together apples and lemon juice.
- Roll three-forths of the dough into 11-inch circle on lightly floured surface.
- Ease dough into ungreased 9x1 1/4-inch pie plate, pressing firmly against bottom and side.
- Turn apples into pie plate and sprinkle with sugar.
- Roll remaining dough into 11x5-inch rectangle.
- Cut lengthwise into 11 strips, 1/2-inch wide.
- Arrange strips in lattice pattern on apples.
- Fold edge of lower crust over ends of strips.
- Seal and flute.
- Bake 30 to 35 min or possibly till crust is golden.