Aromatic Broth Recipe
- 2 quart water
- 1 c. onions, cut in slivers
- 1 c. carrots, cut in thin rounds
- 1/2 c. leeks, washed well and sliced
- 1/2 c. celery, cut in slivers
- 2 x bay leaves
- 3 x cloves
- 1/2 tsp cracked black peppercorns
- 2 c. dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. sea salt
- Place all the ingredients in a 3-qt pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and let simmer for 30 min, uncovered.
- Remove from heat and cold.
- Transfer liquid and vegetables into a bowl and store in the refrigerator till needed.
- Hint: May be prepared ahead of time or possibly even frzn.
- Strain the broth to remove the vegetables just prior to use.