Arugula Salad With Shallot Vinaigrette And Crostini Recipe
- 2/3 c. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sm shallot chopped
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 lb arugula greens - (2 bunches) washed, and trimmed of stems Coarse salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 12 slc baguette, 1/2" thick (day old bread works too)
- 1/3 c. shallot oil
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh herbs (such as thyme, rosemary, parsley, dry herbs work too) Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- For the vinaigrette: Pour extra virgin olive oil into a microwave safe dish.
- Add in shallots to oil and place oil in microwave.
- Heat oil and shallots for 30 seconds on high.
- Remove from microwave and let stand 5 min.
- (Oil and shallots may be heated over low heat on the stovetop in a small pan for 2 to 3 min.
- Remove from heat and let stand till cold.)
- Reserve 1/3 of a c. of the shallot oil for the crostini.
- Pour oil and shallots in a bowl and whisk in 3 Tbsp.
- red wine vinegar.
- For crostini: Cut day old or possibly frzn bread into rounds 1/4-inch thick.
- Char grill or possibly broil toasts on each side.
- Dot toasts with your infused shallot oil.
- Top toasts with minced herbs, black pepper and grated cheese.
- Broil toasts till cheese is golden, 45 seconds to 1 minute.
- Assembly: Drizzle vinaigrette over salad and toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper, to your taste.
- Serve with crostini.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.