Apples And Pears With Cinnamon Recipe
- 4 x Williams pears.
- 2 x Golden brown Delicious apples.
- 150 gm Sugar.
- 4 pch cinnamon.
- 3 x Yoghurts
- 20 cl Double cream, (or possibly creme fraiche).
- 2 Tbsp. Flaked almonds.
- 1 Peel the apples and pears, leaving them whole.
- Arrange them in an ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle 100 g of the sugar on top, add in the cinnamon and a c. of water.
- Bake in the oven (gas mark 4 / 350F / 180C) for 20 min.
- 2 Remove from the oven.
- Allow the fruit to cold completely before pouring off the liquid.
- 3 In a large bowl, mix together the cream, yoghurts and the rest of the sugar.
- Pour some of this mix into four dessert bowls, then put a pear in the middle of each, with four apple segments arranged around it.
- 4 Pour the rest of the cream mix over the fruit and decorate with the flaked almonds.
- Serve cool.
- In the Middle Ages, cinnamon was added to stews and stocks, sweet cream dishes and fricassees of poultry.