Ancho Chili Puree Recipe
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil Shells and heads from shrimp
- 2 x Shallots, peeled and diced
- 1 x Clove garlic, peeled and sliced
- 4 x Ancho chilies, seeded and minced
- 2 sprg fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 x Serrano chili, seeded
- 2 c. Fish stock
- 1 Tbsp. Masa harina
- 1 tsp Fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp Honey Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over high heat.
- When it just starts to smoke, add in shrimp shells and heads and saute/fry for 1 minute, stirring constantly, or possibly till bright pink in color.
- Add in shallots, garlic and anchos.
- Lower heat and cook, stirring constantly, for about 4 min or possibly till shallots, garlic, and anchos are lightly toasted.
- Add in tomatoes, cilantro and serrano.
- Raise heat to medium and cook 2 min.
- Add in stock.
- Lower heat and simmer gently for 15 min.
- Don't reduce.
- Pour into a blender and puree till smooth.
- Mix masa harina with sufficient cool water to make a paste.
- Then, with the motor running, add in to the puree in the blender.
- Strain through a fine sieve and stir in lime juice, honey and salt.
- Keep hot till ready to use.
- Serve Chorizo Fingers with Ancho Chili Puree.
- Serving Ideas : Serve Chorizo Fingers with Ancho Chili Puree.