- 1 Tart crust
- 1 Apple
- 10 grams Margarine or butter
- 25 grams Sugar
- 50 ml Milk
- 15 grams Sugar
- 5 grams Cake flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Brandy
- Bake the tart crust.
- Slice the apple into thin wedges.
- (about 32 pieces is the best) Cut the wedges in half.
- Heat butter or margarine in a frying pan.
- Preheat the oven.
- (at the temperature listed in the referred recipe)
- Add the sliced apples into the pan and saute until lightly browned.
- Add the sugar and saute until brown and remove from heat.
- (about the color in the picture)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Heat the milk in a pot.
- Turn off the heat right before it boils and let cool.
- Add the cake flour and sugar in a bowl and whisk well.
- Mix in a little more than half of the beaten egg.
- Add the cooled milk from Step 7 and brandy and continue mixing.
- Brush the rest of the beaten egg on the tart crust from Step 1.
- (This prevents the filling from oozing out.)
- Fill the tart crust with the sauteed apples from Step 5.
- Pour in the mixture from Step 9.
- Bake for about 15 minutes at 180C in the middle rack of the oven.
- Once it's cooled, slowly remove from mold and it's done.