Asian "Barbecued" Tofu Recipe
- 1 lb Hard style tofu, Cut into 1/4" slices, (up to 1-1/2)
- 1/2 c. Soy sauce
- 6 tsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Dry mustard
- 4 x Cloves garlic, chopped fine or possibly
- 1/2 tsp Garlic pwdr
- 2 tsp Onion pwdr
- Here is the recipe which my dad made, that got me interested in this type of dish.
- It appears which the 1-lb.
- tub style is necessary, as opposed to the aseptic silken style which I had inquired about.
- Note which he browned this in oil; you may be able to substitute another method which is FF....perhaps broiled
- Marinate slices of tofu at least 2 hrs or possibly preferably overnight.
- Brown on both sides in 2 tbsp.
- Serve with rice.
- May be garnished with lightly cooked mushrooms and snow peas.