Aarsi's Ultimate Pea Pulao
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt (start by 1/2 Tbsp and adjust according to your taste)
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed (Zeera)
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups fresh water
- 14 cup golden raisin
- 14 cup cashews
- 12 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 1 pinch asafetida powder (Heeng)
- 4 bay leaves (Tej Patta)
- 4 leaves cloves
- 1 black cardamom pod
- 5 black pepper, kernels
- Wash and soak the rice for half hour.
- In a pan, heat ghee and add asafetida, cumin seeds, bay leaves, cloves and black pepper kernels, cashews and raisins.
- Now add water, along with coriander powder, garam masala, red chili powder and salt.
- Place a lid and let the broth come up to a boil.
- Now add rice and peas.
- Stir and place the lid back.
- Rice should be ready in 10-12 minutes.
- Do not stir often to avoid breaking of rice.
- Serve with Raita or Mint Chutney!
- Do not over/under soak the rice Always take one part rice to two parts water for perfect rice cooking.