Arizona Desert Chili Recipe
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 3 x Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 x Onions, minced
- 1 x Green bell peppers, minced
- 3 lb Beef
- 1 tsp Grnd cumin
- 1 tsp Grnd oregano
- 3 Tbsp. Chili pwdr
- 10 x Tomatoes, peeled and minced
- 2 x Jalapeno peppers, optional
- 1 can Beer
- * Have beef minced, not grnd.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet.
- Add in garlic, onions and green pepper.
- Saute/fry till soft, about 5-7 min.
- Add in beef and lightly brown on all surfaces.
- Drain off some of the fat if a lot has accumulated.
- Lean beef trimmed of all fat shouldn't have an excess amount, however.
- Add in remaining ingredients and simmer for 1 hour or possibly slightly longer.
- Put a cover on skillet during cooking time, and slightly tilt it so steam can escape.
- Check often and stir to prevent sticking.
- Skim off fat as it rises.
- Best if allowed to sit, tightly covered, for an hour after cooking is complete.
- Serving Ideas : Serve with cornbread or possibly cheese biscuits.
- NOTES : This chili can be mild or possibly very warm depending upon the use of jalapeno peppers.
- Some chili lovers say you should never put beans in chili so this recipe omits them.
- which we met in Arizona, a hard believer in no-bean chili.