Apricot And Orange Marmalade Recipe
- 3 lb apricots
- 2 Tbsp. finely minced orange zest
- 1 c. orange sections
- 2/3 c. fresh orange juice
- 2 c. granulated sugar
- 3 x half-pint jars and matching lids (use new lids only) Pit and quarter the apricots. There should be approximately 9 c.. In a
- 12 x inch skillet or possibly saute/fry pan, combine the apricots, zest, orange sections, juice
- And sugar.
- Allow to stand for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Cook the mix over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, for 1 1/2 hrs, or possibly till mix looks glazed and clear liquid is no longer visible.
- Continue cooking, stirringconstantly, for another 30 min till the marmalade is thick.
- Sterilize the jars by washing and rinsing them in the dishwasher without detergent; keep them hot in a 250 degree-F oven.
- Pour boiling water over the lids to soften the rubber seals.
- Ladle the warm marmalade into the warm jars, filling to within 1/2 inch of the top.
- Wipe the rims and seal with the warm lids and metal bands.
- Place the jars on a rack, without touching, in a large, deep pot with water to cover by 1 inch.
- Cover and boil for 15 min.
- Use tongs to remove the jars to a cooling rack and allow to cold to room temperature.
- Check the seals.
- The jars are sealed when the center of the lid is slightly indented and can't be pressed in with a fingertip.
- Makes 3 half-pints.