Asian Style Meatloaf From Live!/Regis And Kathie Lee Recipe
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 3/4 c. Minced scallions with greens inclu
- 1 tsp Minced garlic
- 1/2 c. Water chestnuts, liquid removed and choppe
- 3/4 lb Grnd beef
- 3/4 lb Grnd turkey
- 1 tsp Grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 c. Fresh coriander leaves (cilantro),
- 1/2 c. Fine bread crumbs
- 3 Tbsp. Soy sauce
- 1 x Egg, beaten
- 1/4 c. Dry sherry
- 1 x White pepper, to taste
- 1 x Your favorite barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Heat the oil in a non-stick skillet, add in the scallions, garlic, and water chestnuts.
- Cook briefly till wilted.
- Set aside.
- Place the beef and turkey in a mixing bowl.
- Add in the scallion mix and remaining ingredients, except barbecue sauce.
- Blend well with your hands, taking care not to overmix.
- Divide the meatloaf mix into four equal portions and place in four individual 1 1/2 C. souffle dishes.
- Smooth the tops.
- Set the souffle dishes in a large pan with an inch of water and bring to a boil on top of the stove.
- Place the pan with the souffle dishes in the oven and bake for 30 min.
- Let the loaves cold about 5 min before unmolding.
- Spoon barbecue sauce over and around each loaf.
- Makes 4servings.