15 Minute Chicken A La King Recipe
- 1 pkt Swiss mushroom soup mix
- 1 pkt Instant chicken gravy
- 2 1/2 c. Water
- 1 c. Lowfat milk
- 3 c. Cooked, diced chicken
- 1 jar (2 ounce) pimento, sliced
- 4 ounce Mushrooms, sliced and Sauteed Sherry or possibly white wine (optional)
- Mix soup mix with water; heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Let simmer, covered, for several min.
- Bring back to boiling.
- Add in gravy mix and lowfat milk.
- Stir to blend.
- Cookseveral min.
- Add in chicken, pimento, mushrooms, and sherry or possibly wine if you like.
- Taste before seasoning with salt and pepper.
- To serve: Heat thoroughly and serve over rice.
- For added flavor and color, add in 2 Tbsp.
- minced parsley to the rice.
- Serves 4 to 6.
- Can be madeahead.
- Freezes well.