Apple Pie From My Granny Ruby Recipe
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 4 Tbsp. butter melted
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 c. sugar
- 3 med apples peeled and minced
- 1 x unbaked pie shell
- Blend flour in to melted butter.
- Add in sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and apples.
- Pour in to pie shell.
- Top with the following pastry.
- 2 c. all purpose flour3/4 tsp.
- salt2/3 c. Crisco1/3 c. ice water
- Mix together flour and salt.
- Blend in crisco.
- Work in ice water.
- Roll out and place over top of pie.
- Bake in a preheated 450 oven for 15 min.
- Reduce heat to 300 and bake 25 min longer.