A Firefighter's Meatloaf
- 3 slices whole wheat bread
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/2 each scallions, spring or green onions chopped
- 3 tablespoons onions chopped
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard Dijon whole grain
- 1 1/2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons garlic minced
- 0 x sea salt to taste
- 0 x seasoned black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
- Soak the bread in warm water in a small bowl.
- Place the beef in a large bowl.
- Drain bread and add to beef along with green onion, onion, salsa, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Mix by hand until well blended.
- Form into a loaf and place in a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven.
- Drain off excess fat and top with barbeque sauce.
- Return to the oven for an additional 15 minutes.