Apricot Clafoutis Recipe
- 1 lb hard but ripe apricots - (to 1 1/2 lbs) see * Note
- 2 Tbsp. peach or possibly apricot brandy
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 6 Tbsp. granulated sugar - (to 8 tbspns)
- 3/4 c. lowfat milk
- 1/2 c. yogurt
- 3 x Large eggs
- 1 x vanilla bean or possibly 1/2 tspn vanilla extract Salt to taste
- 2/3 c. unbleached or possibly all-purpose flour sifted Butter for greasing Powdered sugar for dusting
- * Note: Make sure your apricots are not overly ripe or possibly they will fall apart during baking and all the batter will be on the top.
- Pit apricots, cut in half if small, quarter if large.
- Toss apricots with peach brandy, lemon juice and 3 Tbsp.
- granulated sugar in bowl.
- Let sit 30 min to 1 hour.
- Drain liquid from apricots and combine with lowfat milk and yogurt.
- Split vanilla bean and scrape out seeds.
- Beat Large eggs with seeds from vanilla bean in bowl of electric mixer or possibly with whisk till smooth.
- Add in 3 to 5 Tbsp.
- granulated sugar, depending on sweetness of fruit, and dash salt.
- Beat together.
- Slowly beat in flour, then lowfat milk mix.
- Mix together well.
- (Ingredients can also be combined in blender at high speed.)
- Arrange apricots in greased 10- or possibly 10 1/2-inch ceramic tart dish or possibly clafoutis dish, rounded-side up.
- Pour in batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees till top is browned and clafoutis is hard, about 45 min.
- Press gently on top in middle to see if it is hard.
- If it isn't, return clafoutis to oven for about 5 min.
- Cold slightly on rack.
- Place 2 to 3 tsp.
- powdered sugar in strainer and tap it above clafoutis to dust.
- Serve hot.
- This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
- NOTES :