- 1 whole Eggplant
- 2 whole Green Peppers
- 1 whole Red Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoons Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoons Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 teaspoons Pepper
- Cut the ends off the eggplant and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Turn the eggplant over and microwave on high for 3 more minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Then scoop out the soft flesh; discard the skin.
- Roast the peppers under the broiler, turning every few minutes so the peppers are charred on all sides.
- Cover and cool to room temperature, then peel the peppers.
- Discard seeds and chop.
- Combine eggplant and peppers in a food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Add vinegar, olive oil, garlic powder, paprika and red pepper flakes.
- Salt and pepper to taste; adjust spices to taste.
- Serve cold as a salad, on toast points or crackers, or stuffed into cherry tomatoes.