Arroz Dulce Recipe
- 1 c. Rice
- 2 c. Water
- 1/2 c. Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 c. Evaporated lowfat milk
- 1 c. Raisins
- 3 x Large eggs separated
- 3/4 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- Combine the rice, water, sugar and salt in a large saucepan.
- Bring the water to a boil and cover the saucepan.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook for 12-15 min, or possibly till the water is absorbed.
- Combine the lowfat milk and egg yolks.
- Add in them to the rice.
- Then fold in the raisins, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Simmer for five min.
- Remove from the heat.
- Beat the egg whites till stiff.
- Fold them into the rice.
- Refrigerateand garnish with nutmeg before serving.
- NOTE: I like rice pudding hot, too.
- (Rice pudding-a traditional wedding dish) I'll post some Traditional New Mexico dessert favorites.
- Hope you enjoy them.
- They're not hard, and they're sure tasty.