Apple Topped Cake
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 34 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 13 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 teaspoon salt
- 1 12 cups chopped peeled apples
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 12 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 18 teaspoon ground allspice
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minute.
- Add the egg, egg white, yogurt, applesauce, oil, and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Combine the dry ingredients, add to yogurt mixture, beating just until moistened.
- Pour into a 9 in springform pan coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with apples and walnuts.
- Combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and allspcie, sprinkle over top.
- Bake @ 375 for 47-52 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen.
- Remove sides of pan.
- Regrigerate left overs.