Apple Brioche Pizza Recipe
- 2 2/3 c. bread flour
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 pkt Fleischmann's(r) Rapid Rise Yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c. butter (1 stick) -- cut up
- 1/4 c. lowfat milk
- 1/4 c. water
- 2 x Large eggs
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. bread flour
- 1/4 c. whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp. Calvados (apple brandy) Or possibly 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 c. thinly sliced, cored and peeled apples (about 2 medium apples)
- 1/4 c. apricot preserves -- warmed
- To make crust: In large bowl, combine 1 c. flour, sugar, undissolved yeast and salt.
- Heat butter, lowfat milk, and water till very hot (120 to 130 F).
- Butter does not need to heat.
- Gradually stir into dry ingredients.
- Stir in Large eggs and remaining flour to make soft dough.
- Knead 5 min.
- (Dough will be buttery; don't add in additional flour.)
- With floured hands, press dough to create 12 inch circle on lightly greased pizza pan or possibly cookie sheet.
- Cover; let rest 30 min.
- To make the topping: In small bowl combine sugar and flour.
- Gradually add in cream and Calvados or possibly vanilla extract, stir till smooth.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.Form 3/4 inch high rim along edge of dough.
- Arrange apples on dough, overlapping slightly; carefully spoon cream mix over top.
- Bake on middle oven rack 18 to 22 min or possibly till crust is golden and apples are almost tender.
- Remove from pan; place on wire rack to cold slightly.
- Spread apricot preserves over top.
- NOTES:* To measure flour, spoon into standard dry-ingredient measuring c.; level with straight-edged knife.
- Makes 1 x 12 inch Pizza