Almond and Cinnamon Meringue Cookies
- 30 grams Egg whites
- 50 grams Granulated sugar
- 50 grams Almond, sliced or diced
- 1 Cinnamon
- Spread almonds on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for about 10 minutes at 160C.
- Whip the egg whites while adding the sugar a little at a time (divided into 3 or so batches) until stiff peaks form.
- Add cinnamon to taste.
- I added about 7 shakes.
- Add the almonds and fold into the meringue.
- The batter is now ready to bake.
- Layer the baking sheet with parchment paper, then use two spoons to drop the batter onto the sheet.
- Leave some space between each cookie to allow them to spread out.
- Put them in an oven preheated to 170C, then immediately reduce to 120C and bake for about 50 minutes.
- Bake them until the insides are thoroughly cooked.
- They will turn out nice and crumbly.