- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups chopped vegetables (mix any of these -- onion, celery, bell pepper, carrots)
- 3 cups hot water
- 12 lb dry pasta (2 cups elbow macaroni or 3 cups rotini)
- 12 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 14 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained or 1 12 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 3 cups chopped raw vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini (one or mix)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Use a large skillet or saucepan (at least 4 qts) with tight-fitting lid.
- Heat the Tblsp.
- of oil over medium heat.
- Cook onion, celery, bell pepper, carrots (whatever you selected from list) until soft, 5-10 minutes.
- Add the water, pasta, salt, and garlic.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low.
- Cover pan and cook 10 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Add tuna or chicken and the 3 cups of vegetables you selected or 1 1/2 cups of frozen or canned vegetables.
- Cover and continue to cook for 10-15 minutes, until pasta is tender.
- Stir 2 or 3 times.
- If pan looks dry, add 2-4 Tblsp.
- When done, very little water should be left in pan.
- In a small bowl make sauce with flour or cornstarch by adding a small amount of milk and stirring until smooth.
- Stir in remaining milk.
- Add to the skillet with the cheese.
- Cook and stir just until cheese has melted and sauce has thickened, 3-5 minutes.