After-The Holidays Turkey Soup
- 1 roasted turkey carcass, plus any leftover meat, skin removed
- 3 yellow onions, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 boiling potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 carrots, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, whole
- 12 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 12 quarts chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- Put all the ingredients except the salt and pepper in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer gently for about 1 hour.
- Remove the turkey carcass and pick off any meat attached to it, adding the meat to the pot.
- Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper and serve.