- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 12 cup soft butter
- 12 cup coconut
- 2 -3 apples, peeled & sliced
- 14 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup sour cream
- Cut butter into cake mix until crumbly.
- Mix in coconut.
- Pat into an ungreased 9x13 pan, building up edges a bit.
- Bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Arrange apple slices in a single layer on the warm crust.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon sprinkle over apples.
- Blend sour cream and egg yolks.
- Drizzle sour cream mixture over apples.
- Bake for 24 minutes or til light brown.
- This mixture is not supposed to cover the intire pan, so don't try to spread it to cover.
- It will spread out some on its own during cooking.