- 1 large Granny Smith apple
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 4 cups bite-size romaine lettuce pieces
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup gluten-free blue cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1 recipe Sweet Honey Dressing (see below)
- Dried apple slices
- 1/3 cup salad oil
- 1/3 cup gluten-free wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Wash and cut Granny Smith apple into small pieces and place in a small bowl.
- Add lemon juice and toss.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the lettuce, raisins, walnuts, blue cheese crumbles, and green onion.
- Add the Granny Smith apple pieces and mix well.
- Toss with the Sweet Honey Dressing until coated.
- Garnish with dried apple slices, Serve immediately.
- To make the dressing: In a jar with a lid combine all ingredients.
- Shake dressing and pour over the salad.