Apple Stuffed Pork Crown Roast Recipe
- 8 lb Pork crown rib roast Red wine vinegar Garlic salt Pepper
- 2 c. Pineapple marmalade
- 1/2 c. Light corn syrup
- 1 tsp Grnd cloves
- 8 sm sweet potatoes peeled
- 3 lrg coking apples, cored and sliced Fresh pineapple wedges
- Brush roast with vinegar and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Wrap in foil and set in a shallow dish, chill 3 hrs.
- MAke a drip pan of aluminum foil about 1 1/2 inches deep and extending 3 inches beyond each side of roast.
- Unwrap roast and place in drip pan or possibly on rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Insert meat thermometer in thickest part of roast, not touching bone or possibly fat.
- Place roast on grill about 6 inches above low coals.
- Clsoe hood of grill and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hrs.
- Combine marmalade, corn sysrup and cloves ina medium saucepan, cook over medium heat about 5 min, stirring occasionally.
- Slice sweet poatatoes 1/4 inch thick, cut slices in half.
- Spoon potatoes into roast cavity(if roast cavity is too small for all potatoes, put remaining potatoesin a greased casserole dish beside roast on grill).
- Bruch potoatoes and roast with glaze.
- Cook an additional 30 min.
- Add in apple slices to potatoes in roast cavity and casserole dish, continue cooking and basting for 30 to 60 min or possibly till meat thermometer registers 170 degrees and apples and potatoes are done.
- Remove roast and stuffing from grill and let stand for 10-15 min before carving to allow jucies to set.
- To serve, place roast on platter, surround with poatatoes and apples from casserole.
- Garnish with pineapplle wedges if you like.