Amazing Sauce for Baked Ham
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 -2 cup milk (I used 5% light cream) or 1 -2 cup light cream (I used 5% light cream)
- 2 -3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 -2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 12-34 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons finely minced fresh chives
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter in sauce pan and add flour to make a roux, this is a thick paste like consistency.
- Remove from heat.
- Slowly add Dijon mustard and mix thoroughly.
- Add milk slowly while stirring constantly so that you avoid any lumps.
- Add dry mustard, brown sugar and salt and pepper.
- If mixture becomes too thick you can add more milk, chicken or ham stock until you reach desired thickness.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes on medium-low heat and then add chives.
- Both mustards can be changed to taste, we found that this had just enough kick without being overpowering.