Apple Yam Crisp Recipe
- 3 c. Apples, sliced
- 2 c. Louisiana yams, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Salt
- 6 Tbsp. Water
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- 3/4 c. All-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 c. Sugar
- 1/3 c. Butter or possibly margarine
- Alternate layers of apples and yams in 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle each layer with cinnamon and salt.
- Pour water and lemon juice over yam mix.
- Sift flour and sugar together; cut in butter or possibly margarine.
- Sprinkle crumb mix over other ingredients.
- Bake in moderate oven (350 degrees) 40 min, or possibly till apples and yams are tender.
- Serve hot with Lemon Hard Sauce.
- To make Lemon Hard Sauce: Cream 1/3 c. butter or possibly margarine till light and fluffy.
- Gradually add in 1 c. confectioners' sugar; beat well after each addition.
- Add in 1 Tbsp.
- light cream and 1/4 tsp.
- lemon flavoring; mix well.