Apple Chicken and Rice
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 lb chicken thigh, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 (6 ounce) package chicken rice-a-roni
- 1 14 cups water
- 12 cup chicken broth
- 12 cup apple juice
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 12 cup chopped onion
- 14 cup dried cranberries
- In a big skillet, cook the chicken in 1 tablespoon butter until juices run clear; remove and keep warm.
- Set seasoning packet from rice mix aside.
- In the same skillet, saute rice mix in remaining butter for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add in water, broth, apple juice, apple mushrooms, onion, cranberries, and contents of rice seasoning packet; bring to a boil.
- Decrease heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Return chicken to the pan; heat through.