Acorn Squash Boats
- 1 large acorn squash, rinse and dryed (the shell will be the serving vessel )
- 4 chopped green onions
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 dash salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp hot sauce your favorite
- 1 cup shredded italian blend cheese
- 16 slice pepperoni, cut in half
- Place acorn squash on microwavable plate and microwave about 8 minutes, turning halfway through time until a knife inserted goes in with no resistance Cool until cool enough to handle, carefully cut in half so the skin does not tear.
- discard seeds, remove pulp leaving about 1/4 inche shell.
- Cut the 2 shell halfs in half so you have 4 pieces of shell to stuff.
- ( I used kitchen scissors to cut shell )
- Place acorn squash pulp and all remaining ingredients, EXCEPT italian cheese blend and pepperoni in a food processor and blend until smooth, add 1/2 of italian cheese and mix in.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- On a foil lined non stick sprayed baking dish big enogh to hold the 4 squash boats in one layer place squash shells.
- Fill each shell evenly with squash mixture, top with remaining italian cheese, top evenly with pepperoni.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes until hot and cheese is melted.
- These are fine made a day or two ahead and kept chilled before the oven bake, just keep in mind the baking time will be a bit longer.